San Mateo County California DUI Attorney
Ross Green, a former Deputy District Attorney, has skillfully served clients in San Mateo County California (CA), Redwood City 94063, San Francisco 94101 and the surrounding areas as a competent DUI attorney, an accomplished DWI attorney, and a talented DUI lawyer.
San Mateo Bay Area DUI and DWI Defense - What to do after a DUI Arrest
If you, or a loved one, have been arrested for driving under the influence (drunk driving), you are probably worried about DUI penalties, jail time, fines, driver's license suspension, having a permanent criminal record, or your ability to assert any and all defenses. The Law Offices of Ross Green has the experience necessary to help you navigate through the difficult questions which result from a DUI arrest.
Potential Penalties for Driving Under the Influence
• Jail Time (48 Hours – 1 Year)
• Fines ($390 - $1,000, plus assessments)
• Driver's License Suspension or Revocation (Six months- 3 Years)
• Increased Vehicle Insurance Premiums
• Informal/Formal Probation (3 -5 Years)
• DUI Driving School (12 Weeks – 30 Months)
• Suspension or Revocation of Professional Licenses
• Interlock Ignition Device
• Permanent Criminal Record
Common Defenses to DUI Arrests
• Illegal Traffic Stop
• Failure to Give Miranda Warnings
• Inadequate Explanation or Administration of Field Sobriety Tests
• Improper Preservation of Breath or Blood Sample
• Inadequately Calibrated or Maintained Breath Machine
• No Visible Impairment in Driving Ability
• Lack of Signs of Intoxication
• Failure to Give the Breath or Blood Test Admonition
Avoid DUI Penalties
• Jail Time- Actual jail time can often be avoided through alternative sentences such as community service, alcohol treatment, electronic monitoring or work furlough. If fighting your case at trial is not the best alternative, consult with your attorney regarding any available options.
• Fines/Fees- Fines for DUIs are expensive. Often times, financial penalties can be reduced with a proper plea bargain or a negotiation of the payoff period.
• Driver's License Suspension- A DUI arrest automatically suspends your driver's license. You have a right to have a lawyer represent you at any and all DMV hearings but you must set a hearing within 10 days of your arrest. Finding an attorney in a timely manner can assist you in preventing lengthy and unnecessary suspensions.
Criminal Defense Lawyer for Drunk Driving Arrests, Driving Under the Influence Charges and DWI Offenses
Selecting an attorney is often a difficult process. Be sure to discuss with whomever you choose, any and all viable defenses. Should fighting your case at trial not be the best option, talk to your attorney about the possibility of an alternative sentence, such as community service, electronic home monitoring or work furlough. A plea bargain can often be negotiated to reduce fines or allow for an extended payment period.
Contact the Law Offices of Ross Green for a Free Consultation. Ross has over eight years of experience handling driving under the influence offenses (DUI's). All possible defenses will be explored and your rights clearly explained.
If you're looking for a qualified DUI attorney, Ross Green has served as a skilled DUI lawyer and proficient DWI attorney for San Mateo County California (CA), Redwood City 94063, San Francisco 94101 and the surrounding areas.