San Mateo County California DUI Defenses
Of the many criminal attorneys available, if you're faced with a driving under the influence charge, you need a DUI attorney with a comprehensive understanding of the law, and a drunk driving lawyer that will work quickly and efficiently to help get you the best possible results. Don't take chances on a DWI attorney without a proven track record. Contact Ross Green, a former Deputy District Attorney, for successful defense in any type of situation, from drug crimes to driving under the influence.
If you face criminal charges of any kind, you need a lawyer that will take a personal interest in your case and fight for you in the courtroom. Ross Green will work to reduce your DUI penalties or help you avoid conviction. If you've been subject to a DUI arrest and face charges of a felony DUI, hire a criminal defense lawyer who has a thorough knowledge of DUI laws. Ross Green will help you navigate through the difficult circumstances of DWI charges and assert the most competent, proficient DUI defense possible. He will explain all of your options and work with you to achieve the best potential outcome. If you've been charged with driving while intoxicated there is no more capable DUI attorney than Ross Green.
What to do after a DUI Arrest
If you, or a loved one, have been arrested for driving under the influence (drunk driving), you are probably worried about DUI penalties, jail time, fines, driver’s license suspension, having a permanent criminal record, or your ability to assert any and all defenses. The Law Offices of Ross Green has the experience necessary to help you navigate through the difficult questions which result from a DUI arrest.
Potential Penalties for Driving Under the Influence
• Jail Time (48 Hours – 1 Year)
• Fines ($390 - $1,000, plus assessments)
• Driver’s License Suspension or Revocation (Six months- 3 Years)
• Increased Vehicle Insurance Premiums
• Informal/Formal Probation (3 -5 Years)
• DUI Driving School (12 Weeks – 30 Months)
• Suspension or Revocation of Professional Licenses
• Interlock Ignition Device
• Permanent Criminal Record
Common Defenses to DUI Arrests
• Illegal Traffic Stop
• Failure to Give Miranda Warnings
• Inadequate Explanation or Administration of Field Sobriety Tests
• Improper Preservation of Breath or Blood Sample
• Inadequately Calibrated or Maintained Breath Machine
• No Visible Impairment in Driving Ability
• Lack of Signs of Intoxication
• Failure to Give the Breath or Blood Test Admonition
Avoid DUI Penalties
• Jail Time- Actual jail time can often be avoided through alternative sentences such as community service, alcohol treatment, electronic monitoring or work furlough. If fighting your case at trial is not the best alternative, consult with your attorney regarding any available options.
• Fines/Fees- Fines for DUIs are expensive. Often times, financial penalties can be reduced with a proper plea bargain or a negotiation of the payoff period.
• Driver’s License Suspension- A DUI arrest automatically suspends your driver’s license. You have a right to have a lawyer represent you at any and all DMV hearings but you must set a hearing within 10 days of your arrest. Finding an attorney in a timely manner can assist you in preventing lengthy and unnecessary suspensions.
Criminal Defense Attorney for Drunk Driving, DUI and DWI Charges
Ross Green is one of the most skilled criminal attorneys available, and not just in DUI defense. He works with those needing representation in all circumstances, including domestic violence, misdemeanors, robbery, assault, and traffic violations. His experience as a Deputy District Attorney has made him experienced in all forms of law. Ross Green has successfully defended clients in San Mateo County California (CA), Redwood City 94063, San Francisco 94101 and the surrounding areas. If you're looking through the list of available criminal attorneys and need a DUI attorney that understands your situation, a DWI attorney that has a successful track record in the courtroom, and a drunk driving lawyer that will fight for your rights, contact the Law Offices of Ross Green today.